I am happy to say that my yellow socks for the September 2009 Sock Knitters Anonymous Sockdown Challenge are complete. It took me 27 days to complete this pair of socks, which I worked on in between school work, at resturants, Auburn football games, etc… They actually fit. One of my goals for doing these challenges this year is to figure out what tweaks I need to make to sock patterns to make them fit my feet. The only way I can figure this out is to make them and wear them. So, here is the first completed pair.
Pattern: Seaweed Socks by Wendy Johnson
Technique: Toe Up on dpns
Needles: US #1
Yarn: Fingering Weight (from Susinok)
Cast On: September 1, 2009
Bind Off: September 27, 2009
These socks were generally fun to do. The pattern was easy to memorize and went fast. I decided to reverse the waves on the second sock so they would lean the opposite way. The notes on how I did this can be found here. Short row heels with the w&t are not my thing, so I substituted a short row technique I found here to turn the heel. It worked great!