I have completed the Secret of the Stole II KAL and the patterns are up for sale. There are just a few more minor details to tidy up with the group and then I can start working on the next one that we will be running in the fall.
In the meantime, I have moved on to working on my Civil War Shawl in the evenings and have revved up my costume creation engine as well. The costumes I am working on are for the upcoming National Polka Festival. My father and I will be dancing in the Polka Queen and King contest this year and I am making the costumes for the occasion. Yes, I am Czech and proud of it! Anyway, here is what I have been able to accomplish so far in the past week.
My Skirt is complete. It will require a petticoat, which I will be making soon. The shirt sleeves are in progress. I have them temporarily attached to another shirt from a previous costume so I can get the right look. I will post a completed shirt photo when it is done. My costume will also require an apron and a vest. To top the costume off I will be making a flower and ribbon wreath to go in my newly coiffured hair (more about this later).
My father’s slacks are finished. His shirt only has one sleeve attached so far. I am hand embroidering the sleeves and attaching them to the store bought shirt that I removed the original sleeves from. The collar of his shirt will need a ribbon attached to match his slacks and then he will also need a vest to match mine.
Stay tuned for the progress on this venture and more knitting content when I actually have some more items to show. I may need some opinions on the costume work as well, so don’t go to far…
DK, you HAVE to write this up in Costume Makers Magazine!! I’ll even help with the editing!
that costume looks GREAT! and i don’t normally tell anyone this, but i LOVE to polka… it was the only part of folk dancing in gym class that i liked. that basic training never fails to come in handy at weddings. : )