- Description: KAL, The Civil War Shawl KAL
- Group Type: Yahoo Group [ http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CivilWarShawlKAL// ]
- Starts: January 7th, 2008
- Signup Closes: does not close
- Group Close: does not close
- Pattern Designer: Suzanne Pufpaff
- Pattern Available For Sale: Yes
- $7.00 (Digital File Download with most current charts included)
This is a Knit-Along for the Civil War Shawl, as seen in in the Cast On Magazine, Winter/Spring Issue of 2001.
Finished size: 72″ Diameter
Materials used by the author: DOMY HEATHER, (100% wool) 100 gm, 475 yd skeins. She used 9 skeins (4275 yds) in Midnight.
Needle Size: US Size 6, set of dps and circulars in various lengths. The circulars will be important as the project grows in size – just to keep all the stitches together without falling off the needles. This is a very large project and it will take time. The last row contains 1200 stitches; so by that time it will be a single row for that day’s (week?) KAL. There are a total of 161 rows plus 17 rows of edging. =)