Finally, the last top to make it into my hands was Jenny’s. Her top was also a Southwestern theme, but the colors were more to my liking. When I got the top it looked like this.
I loved the dresden progression that Michelle had done on the black background. She started with one petal of the dresden and increased by one petal on each one as she went around the border. How unique! I decided to pull the dresden design out to the outer border and here is how it looked after I added my border. Unfortunately, I did not get a good picture of the top before I packaged it up, so this is the best you get. Sorry…
I put my dresden flowers on a white tonal background to continue to try and lighten up the quilt a bit and I think it really looked great.
The last thing I did, and I had been doing this for every top from the beginning, was to include a quilt label for everyone to use for their quilts when they were finished. It was not something that had to be used, but I thought it was a fun thing to include with each top as I sent it off to the next person. Here is the label.
Next post will be my quilt top. Wheeeeeeee…..
To be continued —>
Lovely 😍! I look forward to seeing the pictures of the finished quilts.
Always so much fun to see your creations! Such talent!