Last week I cleared off the top ledge of the cabinet in the kitchen and boxed up all the knick-knacks that were taking up space and collecting dust. Two ivy houseplants took the place of the “memory items” and I am hoping the ivy will eventually grow down the side of the cabinet. Time will tell. Anyway, one of the “memory items” that was up on the ledge was a crystal bowl filled with glass blown candies. My mother and I purchased these candies many years ago and they looked beautiful when displayed in the crystal bowl around the holidays. Times change though, and I was looking at them thinking how much I loved the glass (one of my favorite things is blown glass items) and, unlike the seashells that were up there, I did not want to box these up and put them out of sight. So after some thought, I came up with a Candy Curtain of sorts.
I wanted to hang them in the window somehow, so I could see them and they could catch the light. Fishing line seemed the logical choice of hanging material and so I got to work. I looped the line around each candy piece end and crimped the loop together with crimp beads, spacing the candies apart by about 6-8″. I was not precise in this measurement, because I did not want a garden row effect in my window, if you know what I mean. Here is the idea and the result.
This week’s sewing for Arwen’s Child is a dress I started on several months ago and then stashed away. It is time for this lovely dress to head for the shop. Finished photos to come, but for now, here is a status shot.
Have a lovely day!! Deborah