Finally, after a week of slicing and dicing, I managed to get all the t-shirts, hats, ties and other fiber items cut into manageable size pieces ready for their next step on their memory quilt journey. As it turns out, I have enough pieces for four distinct quilts.
I have put the squares in a bin and will begin the search for sashing and backing fabrics for each. When I am ready to assemble the first one, I will post the process here. In the mean time, I still have loads of “attic” projects in the works. Like this simple nine-patch that I assembled yesterday. There were 12 blocks in the stash in the attic. I don’t know if I intended to make more or not, but now it is a simple coverlet for a couch potato. Wonder if I know anyone who would want it… Let me know what you think. I’d love to hear from you 🙂