I recently joined the Christmas Around the World 2007 Swap and the questionnaire has been distributed for completion. Per swap rules I am to post the questions and answers to my blog by September 15, 2007. While I was answering these questions I realized that this information might be of interest to my readers as well. So here goes:
- Are you religious? No
- How long have you been knitting? Several Years
- Would you consider yourself a Beginner, Intermediate or Advanced? Intermediate, with advanced aspirations
- Do you have any other hobbies besides knitting? Sailing,Writing, Sewing Historical Costumes, Reading, Learning
- Favorite color(s)? To wear – Black, White, Navy, Earth tones (not partial to rust, teal, pink…)
- Do you collect anything? Gargoyles, dragons, snoopy, yarn and lately extra pounds around the middle
- Are you allergic to any fibers or animals? No
- Do you have any pets? Yes, two dogs, Aubie (cocker spaniel) and Blazer (basset hound)
- Coffee, Tea, or Hot Chocolate? Out of the three, Hot Chocolate (I’m a coca-cola junkie)
- Cookies or Sweets? Is there a difference? I’m a very picky eater, and prefer milk chocolate, and very plain sweets. Everyone calls my eating habits “vanilla”.
- Do you knit socks? On occasion
- If not socks then what? (tell us about your favorite knits) I am a self taught knitter and I like to knit what many people would consider tedious patterns. This includes lace and other intricate or difficult items. The first thing I ever knit was a beaded amulet purse on #000US needles.
- Do you put up a Christmas tree? If not then what do you do? I used to. We have lived in a motor home for the past 5+ years so I really didn’t have the space. Now that we are in a house again we have decided to use a live, potted tree, decorate it indoors and plant it in the yard after the holidays.
- Favorite holiday treats? Cheesecake, Milk Chocolate, Cookies
- Favorite holiday smells? Cinnamon, Pumpkin, Spice
- Do you celebrate Christmas in a traditional or unconventional way? Please elaborate. It varies. I am a non-traditional gypsy at heart.
- What are your favorite holiday traditions? I would have to say, if I could have a tradition, it would be no traditions.
- Finish the sentence: “For me Christmas is all about….” – the birth of Christ, visiting with family, eating, watching others open the presents you put thought into and photographs
- If you were a Christmas ornament you would be…….? – a star or a chili pepper
- What was your favorite gift you’ve ever received? Or given? Received – someone’s time, Given – surprises
- When do you start your Christmas? Meals, gifts, etc. begin on Christmas Eve through Christmas Day
- Do you send Christmas cards? Do you make them or buy them? I used to send them, now it is e-cards all the way.
- What is your favorite Christmas dish? Ham and mashed potatoes
- Carolers are at your door. What do you do? Hide
- When do you open presents? Christmas eve or Christmas morning? Christmas morning
- Do you celebrate with family or friends or both? Family, most of our friends are long distance
Great answers to your questionnaire. Love your scents.
Thanks so much for sharing DK! I had to laugh at your answer about collecting extra pounds around the middle! I’m unfortunately amassing a collection of those myself 😦 Oh well. The historical costumes sound fascinating too! Hope you’re enjoying the swap so far and thanks so much for filling out your questionnaire!